Fluke 5100B

Hi all,

I am looking to calibrate 16 bit A/D converters used in several configurations (DC voltage, AC voltage, and RTD) and was wondering if a Fluke 5100B 4.5 digit calibrator would be a good choice accuracy-wise?

According to blurbs on the web, these are the specs.

The 5100B AC/DC Calibrator calibrates precision meters that measure AC or DC Voltage (0-1100V), AC or DC current (200 uA-2A), and Resistance (1 ohm to 10 Mohms). Accuracies are: DC voltage and resistance (0.005%), DC current (0.025%) AC Volts (0.05%) and AC current (0.07%).

Thanks.

Reply to
Robert T.

A 16-bit A/D converter has 65,536 steps over its full range. If you want to have resolution down to one step, you need something that's accurate to at least (1/65536)*100 or 0.00153%, and preferably more than that.

If you're willing to accept being three or four steps off, then the

0.005% is OK. It depends a lot on what you're doing with the digitized data.

Matt Roberds

Reply to
mroberds

Thanks Matt. I think that I can live with a few counts off.

Reply to
Robert T.