Flickering LEDs

I pointed out that they use melody chips 2 days ago.

Reply to
Ian Field

I wasn't aware that Disney acquired the copyright.

Tom

Reply to
Tom Biasi

s/Disney/Time Warner/

Reply to
krw

Yes Warner does own the copyright, Warner/Chappell. Not Disney, not Time Warner.

Reply to
Cliff Hartle

Seems to be some disagreement.

krw

Opps Warner/Chappell or what ever it is now appears to be part of what ever Time Warner is now.

Reply to
Cliff Hartle

Yea I figured all the company connections after I posted.Still its not Disney. Disney did license it for a movie.

Reply to
Cliff Hartle

ip.

Flicker rate, intensity and light level were continuously adjustable with 4 channels using a microcontroller powered directly from the 120V AC line with no power transformer and did it on 2 mA. We tried it "with only a couple of transistors" and it required far too many passives with comparatively limited performance. I suggest a micrcontroller when it is in fact the best way to do the job. And it IS an excellent programming exercise.

G=B2

Reply to
stratus46

Flicker rate, intensity and light level were continuously adjustable with 4 channels using a microcontroller powered directly from the 120V AC line with no power transformer and did it on 2 mA. We tried it "with only a couple of transistors" and it required far too many passives with comparatively limited performance. I suggest a micrcontroller when it is in fact the best way to do the job. And it IS an excellent programming exercise.

Fair enough - but there's an awful lot of people about who always insist on using a micro when it really isn't neccessary.

Reply to
Ian Field