First electronic table-top calculating machine "Sumlotronic(?)"

Please help! I'm looking for info about the very first Electronic calculate r I ever saw. The time was early 1960'es and the "thing" was about the size of a modern Cash register - it had what was called "a full keyboard" which means its keyboard in addition to signs for add. sub. div. and mult. had n umberkeys in a 9 x9 layaout. I think ist brand name was Sumlotronic, but I have not been able to find any information about it anywhere.

Reply to
danish-uncle

ever saw. The time was early 1960'es and the "thing" was about the size of a modern Cash register - it had what was called "a full keyboard" which means its keyboard in addition to signs for add. sub. div. and mult. had numberkeys in a 9 x9 layaout. I think ist brand name was Sumlotronic, but I have not been able to find any information about it anywhere.

Must be similar to Ebay item 330898769825

(already sold)

w.

Reply to
Helmut Wabnig

ever saw. The time was early 1960'es and the "thing" was about the size of a modern Cash register - it had what was called "a full keyboard" which means its keyboard in addition to signs for add. sub. div. and mult. had numberkeys in a 9 x9 layaout. I think ist brand name was Sumlotronic, but I have not been able to find any information about it anywhere.

I remember a very similar looking structure "made" by Friden... actually made at a loss by Philco-Ford, Santa Clara... ~$1000 "shipped" with every unit.

When John Welty and I arrived on the scene in 1968 we cancelled the program.

Then Philco-Ford corporate (in Philly), in a fit of pique, "cancelled" Santa Clara ;-)

They asked me "How'd you like to go to Blue Bell?"

I replied, "How'd you like to kiss my ass" >:-}

I returned to Motorola, Mesa. ...Jim Thompson

Please help! I'm looking for info about the very first Electronic calculater I ever saw. The time was early 1960'es and the "thing" was about the size of a modern Cash register - it had what was called "a full keyboard" which means its keyboard in addition to signs for add. sub. div. and mult. had numberkeys in a 9 x9 layaout. I think ist brand name was Sumlotronic, but I have not been able to find any information about it anywhere.

** Err - did you think of trying Wiki ?

The para describes the Sumlock ANITA made by British firm Bell Punch.

I suppose you'll want a schem too ?

... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

The ANITA has its own page:

Fantstic thing. It took them years to get rid of the 9x9 keyboard! That's INERTIA !

w.

Reply to
Helmut Wabnig