Electronic Braking System for Cars

Is there a scope for replacing the conventional hydraulic braking systems of cars by an entirely electronically integrated braking system...thereby enabling the maneuvering of the speed of the car by sensors controlled system.....Sensors as similar to those used in Self- parking systems for the cars......By this we could avert accidents caused by the sudden stop or brakes applied by vehicles at the time of crisis....

Reply to
Auroshis

What's the matter with the electrically actuated hydraulic powered brakes used for anti-lock brakes and traction control?

--
http://www.wescottdesign.com
Reply to

Their advantage is that they will stop the car when all power assist has failed.

John

Explain how.

JF
Reply to
John Fields

Well, you push on the "brake pedal" and that pressurizes the hydraulic fluid, which presses the pads against the disks, and that stops the car. Which happens even if the power assist pump is dead, and even if the ABS electronics is dead, and even if one of the hydraulic lines is cut.

You'll have to push harder than you're used to, depending on how much accessory stuff has failed.

John

kes

Well dats fine.....but the ABS systems n all come to play only when the tyre starts slipping and loses traction or so.... My query was to cant we have a brakin system electeonically controlled...which wud b governinn the speed of the car in case it comes too close wid the vehicle ahead of it...so that if the vehicle give a sudden break the sensors sense its stop nd accordingly apply the brakes in tym avoidin a collision....

Reply to
Auroshis

You can, but the system has to be sufficiently reliable that it prevents more accidents than it causes. It also has to be affordable.

Reply to
Nobody

There have been lots of radar-based anti-collision systems designed; I think one is actually available on some luxury car now. Sure, they are electronic, but they interface to the hydraulic braking system.

I think some aircraft braking systems are all-electric, at least some prototypes are. You might google that.

John