Dubbing Buss

Hi, I have just dropped in to see if I can find out more about the problem I am trying to solve.

I am putting together a vintage stereo system:

Pioneer SX990 amp/receiver TEAC A-1500 Reel-to-Reel tape deck Sony dual cassette deck Turntable

TEAC CD player (not too vintage - works in AUX)

Here's the problem:

I want to connect both the reel-to-reel tape deck and the cassette tape deck at the same time. I have purchased a Realistic Tape Control Center with room for three decks.

I'm not too aware of the lingo. I think I know what dubbing means (transferring from one to another). Not certain what a buss is.

I have accessed an instruction booklet. This is what it says (in part):

SWITCH FUNCTIONS (Notice front panel)

The top road of switches determines the Input connection to the three decks:

- When Up, the Deck(s) is connected to the receiver/amplifier.

- In the center position, the Deck(s) is not connected (off).

- In the Down position, the Deck(s) is connected to a Dubbing Buss.

The lower row of switches determines the Output connection of the three decks:

- When UP, the Deck(s) is connected to the Dubbing Buss.

- In the center position, the Deck(s0 is not connected (off).

- In the Down position, the Deck(s) is connected to the Output.

The switch at the right has two positions and determines the signal being passed onto the receiver/amplifier for Monitor sound.

- In the Up position, the receiver/amplifier will monitor output from the Dubbing Buss.

- In the Down position, the receiver/amplifier will monitor output from Decks 1, 2 and/or 3.

Could somebody please explain what a dubbing buss is and also translate these instructions so that they make sense to a neophyte?

Thanks very much!

Reply to
Mack A. Damia

OK first I know 'jack shit' about dubbing etc. But it seems pretty obvious that the dubbing bus, will be summed somewhere down-stream with the other channel.

The two audio signals will be added together in the same channel.

If you've got some kind of signal generator and 'scope it should be easy to 'scope it out'.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

Thanks!