DTMF from a pic chip

Hello,

I finally got my circuit working... well almost. I use a pic chip with picbasic pro, I output DTMF and this goes through a filter shown in picbasic manual:

From my scope I can see some 40v spike at the pin output and after the filter I do not see much maybe a few volts. This goes directly to an audio transformer. Is it normal to have 40v spike (the signal looks pretty nice). WHen I put a modem speaker at the pin output I can hear the dialing and maybe a third in strenght (sound) after the filter. At the output of the transformer I have an AC 250v capacitor. The pichip dials my phone, and I receive maybe 50% of the calls. Should I be using the filter? (I am not using an amplifier as mentionned in the manual) Is the 40v good to put directly on the transformer? Also from the speaker I hear a lot of background noise

thanks k

Reply to
lerameur

Assuming you have the correct voltages around the PIC, you have something seriously wrong! It almost sounds like you are some how getting part of the phones voltage in there. I don't know what the voltages are these days, but it use to be

50 volts on the line while on hook. Maybe you should be using an isolator.

"

Reply to
Jamie

I think I might got the probe switch to 10x instead of 1x.. that would explain. I will check it once I get home...

Reply to
lerameur