Driving two transistors with same signal

Thank you to all for your support.

I solved my problem temporarily by using the "bias Vbe to 0.5V" solution. However I had some issues with the transistors still leaking some current when OFF, and not having the same current when ON. I reduced Vbe even more to make the OFF current not visible on the displays, and ON current almost equal. Still not as pleasing visually as separate drives for each transistor.

The 5 transistors solution seems definately more reliable and less sensitive to resistor values.

Next time, I'll make sure to use one signal to control each display :)

Thanks again.

Reply to
vic

Be aware that this schematic does not work. By modifiing my first schematic (with one display connected to Vcc) to the second (with both diplays connected to Gnd) I made a mistake. I posted the right schematic few minutes before your post.

petrus bitbyter

Reply to
petrus bitbyter