Discrete TRIAC Suggestion?

How are you going to trigger it? They have different triggering quadrants.

Reply to
Rick

[snip]

That ended up being the snag... chicken-egg event, no gate power source available to start it up :-( ...Jim Thompson

Thanks for the nudge. I always liked the TRIAC idea. So I went back and was scratching my... and I saw a way ;-) ...Jim Thompson

Right. It will remain another of your little secrets.

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

Absolutely! Otherwise how could you play banty rooster ?:-)

Anyone else want to see it? E-mail and I'll send the schematic right out (restrictions apply... Jamie sure isn't getting a copy :-) ...Jim Thompson

The more people you show it to, the more bugs we'll find. You'd rather your customer find them?

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom laser drivers and controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

in

quadrants.

Must be hell to feel so inadequate that you (Larkin) have to keep pimping yourself constantly >:-) ...Jim Thompson

in

quadrants.

Must be hell to be so incompetent at discrete power design.

Stick to chip design. You're a public danger with power stuff.

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom laser drivers and controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

At his age? not to worry :)

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

That's fine Jim, I get enough junk mail now, I don't need any more.

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

The types used in electronic florescent starters came to mind as the derived gate current imposes limitations - but so far as I can find they only use SCRs enclosed in a bridge.

If your application can accommodate that; ST is a good place to start.

Reply to
Ian Field

And it seems to have taken any chance at wisdom as well.

Reply to
josephkk