DDR termination voltage

I read on termination topics and they say that having Vtt equal to the high-to-low transition level is a bad idea (tristated buses will noise-switch all the readers and, thus, consume unnecessary power). Yet, JEDEC prescribes using 1.25 Vtt for DDR, based on 2.5 volt SSTL_2 signaling. Why?

Reply to
valtih1978

Minimum terminator power? P=V^2/R

Reply to
krw

consume more to save more!

Reply to
valtih1978

Huh? With the terminator in the middle, you save half the power (twice as many lines, on average, 1/4 power each). The I/O obviously can't have an issue being "hung up" in the middle.

Reply to
krw

explains the "issue":

"For three-state buses, the Théven in equivalent voltage, VThev, may be chosen to yield a valid logic level when the bus is not being driven. It is especi ally important in this case to choose a voltage that is not close to the switching threshold of the receivers, lest they draw excessive current or oscillate."

Reply to
valtih1978

...or are disabled when in the tristate condition. You know more than the memory (bus) developers?

Reply to
krw

BTW, if you know everything, why are you here?

Reply to
krw

Only those who do not understand experts ask questions. Those, who ask to explain the reason behind expert decisions, should not ask the questions.

Reply to
valtih1978

Have you ever gone outside and played "hide and go f*ck yourself?"

The only stupid question is the one you don't ask.

And the most important thing anyone can learn in life is to question authority.

Hope This Helps! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

It seems that giving answers to asked questions I make people crazy.

Reply to
valtih1978

You asked the question, moron. If you think you know everything (you know nothing), asking a question and arguing that your answer is correct (it's not) is moronic.

Now, go away.

Reply to
krw

...and then argue the answer? Moron.

What a loon.

Reply to
krw

I am a mirror.

Reply to
Rich Grise

Plonk

Michael A. Terrell

Stupid thing? But, this is what you taught me. BTW, next time you hear anybody asking a question, do not tell him that he knows everything. Only morons and loons may come to such conclusion.

Reply to
valtih1978

You bet! The .est.

Blame your parents for stupid. I wasn't there.

Now you're telling me what I must do? That stupid streak runs deep.

You think you do. That's the point. Why you asked the question, in the first place, will never be known to the sane.

No, only a moron asks a question then argues the answer like they know-it-all. Indeed, you are both.

Reply to
krw

On the flipside, those who refuse to explain their conclusions are not experts.

Reply to
Kaz Kylheku

I pointed your attention to the "issue" that my question is about. You started to attack me because of that. You punish people just because they ask a question.

Reply to
valtih1978

--
You're being "punished" because you're acting like an arrogant little
trolling asshole.

Or maybe it's not an act?
Reply to
John Fields

If you dare to ask you question in this group, you act like a trolling arrogant assole. Thank you for reminding me this.

Reply to
valtih1978