Custom Flash Speed for Genesis [Fire Alarm] Strobe?

I was gifted a handful of these units, with adjustable 15-90cd strobe brightness, and want to use them in a project, but they are only a 1 Hz strobe rate, and I want 10 Hz or higher.

They are 24V and offer no way to alter the default strobe rate. Anyone have ideas? I am considering running the strobes on individual circuits, each with a very slight delay on powering up, but am not sure how this is best achieved.

Reply to
luke.barrie

brightness, and want to use them in a project, but they are only a 1 Hz strobe rate, and I want 10 Hz or higher.

ideas? I am considering running the strobes on individual circuits, each with a very slight delay on powering up, but am not sure how this is best achieved.

They probably won't strobe at 10 Hz. with the stock capacitor. The circuit may be difficult to access and modify also. Maybe you will need to build your own trigger circuit inside the unit.

Tom

Reply to
Tom Biasi

SOunds like a candidate for a simple negative resistance npn LED flasher..

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie