Crimping technique?

Is a crimping tool supposed to work on these things?

All of my attempts so far have splayed three of the four squashable sections

folded.)

Using thin nosed pliers I can make a reasonable connection. Although even with that

plastic wire outer (or ideally digging into it).

would be welcomed please.

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Reply to
Terry Pinnell

Don't know what to tell you... I've used those things with good results.

The other thing may be the terminals themselves. The ones I get look like they are flashed with gold and maybe the copper or brass base metal is thicker and softer.

You'll notice the jaws are also interchangeable, so you do need to have the right jaw pair and depth setting for it to work properly...

Reply to
default

ons

t?s already

with that

ly around the

actical advice

may help

Owen

Reply to
Owen Cook

there are many youtube videos that show how to crimp the wires. Much easier to see than trying to explain.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery