Crimping technique?

Is a crimping tool supposed to work on these things?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hnflor5ratjg06s/CrimpingMaleHeader.jpg?raw=1

All of my attempts so far have splayed three of the four squashable sections

folded.)

Using thin nosed pliers I can make a reasonable connection. Although even with that

plastic wire outer (or ideally digging into it).

would be welcomed please.

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Re: Crimping technique?
On Fri, 06 Dec 2019 12:35:19 +0000, Terry Pinnell

Don't know what to tell you...  I've used those things with good
results.

The other thing may be the terminals themselves.  The ones I get look
like they are flashed with gold and maybe the copper or brass base
metal is thicker and softer.

You'll notice the jaws are also interchangeable, so you do need to
have the right jaw pair and depth setting for it to work properly...

Re: Crimping technique?
ons
t?s already
 with that
ly around the
actical advice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbNNO9-NJww
may help

Owen

Re: Crimping technique?
snipped-for-privacy@somewhere.invalid says...

there are many youtube videos that show how to crimp the wires.
Much easier to see than trying to explain.

Site Timeline