computing caps in parallel

Is it that one adds up all the caps as fractions? Then the total of all the caps in parallel is the reciprocal of that addition? . . . .As long as I'm at it. . . .in series. . .multiply the cap values? Not since 1958 have I had to use these formulae, and I can't find my Physics books.

Reply to
chas

Caps in parallel, Ct = c1 + C2 + C3 .... + Cn

Caps inseries, 1/Ct = 1/C1 + 1/C1 .... + 1/Cn

For inductances it is the other way round.

Charlie.

--
M0WYM
www.radiowymsey.org