Cold Plasma Speakers

Hi:

Where can I find info on cold plasma speakers?

Thanks,

Radium

Re: Cold Plasma Speakers

Go to the nearest blood bank; that's what they use in
their freezers.

Bob M.

Re: Cold Plasma Speakers

---
Google "Antarctic Vampire Orators"

--
John Fields
Professional Circuit Designer

Re: Cold Plasma Speakers

Can't you use Google?

Re: Cold Plasma Speakers

No luck

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&safe=off&q=%22cold+plasma+speakers%22&btnG=Search

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&safe=off&q=%22cold+plasma+speaker%22&btnG=Search

Re: Cold Plasma Speakers

Strange that isn't it ?

Graham

Re: Cold Plasma Speakers

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&safe=off&q=%22cold+plasma+speakers%22&btnG=Search
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&safe=off&q=%22cold+plasma+speaker%22&btnG=Search

Here:
http://membres.lycos.fr/plasmapropulsion/Basic%20course_&_models/Corona_Acoustic_theory.html

Re: Cold Plasma Speakers

I ask because I am looking for a type of speaker that does not use a
diaphragm and does not get too hot to touch.

Re: Cold Plasma Speakers

Any electrosttic or piezoelectric speaker should work for you.

Angelo Campanella

Re: Cold Plasma Speakers

Both electrostatic and piezoelectric speakers require/utilize a diaphragm
to produce the required SPL.

Re: Cold Plasma Speakers

All efficient speakers will use a diaphragm.
If efficiency can be sacrificed, then the bare piezoelctric can be used.

It is my undersanduing that electrostaic speakers are flat and are all
transducer (or all diaphragm if you declare that the element itself is a
diaphragm).

    Ang. C.

Re: Cold Plasma Speakers

Hadn't Elac a plasma tweeter?
Not cold, of course.
And after playing Dark side of the Moon there was so much ozon in the
room it caused lung diseases. :-).
Why are we taking this Radium serious?

Re: Cold Plasma Speakers

Normally one doesn't.

Graham

Re: Cold Plasma Speakers

Primarily because this is sci.electronics.basics, where there is no such
thing as a stupid question.

And please learn to bottom-post.

Thanks!
Rich

Re: Cold Plasma Speakers

LMAO !

Hey, I've met your namesake Archimedes Plutonium recently. He's as barking mad
as you are !

Graham

Re: Cold Plasma Speakers

AP's still around? Yeesh! Ain't seen him in forever! (Not that I've
WANTED to, but...)

--
Don Bruder - snipped-for-privacy@sonic.net - If your "From:" address isn't on my whitelist,
Re: Cold Plasma Speakers: Troll Radium is Back With Another Stupid Question

Re: Cold Plasma Speakers: Troll Radium is Back With Another Stupid Question

Guys, he's a troll, ignore him!

Re: Cold Plasma Speakers: Troll Radium is Back With Another Stupid Question

A sociopathic swine, and contemptable piece of human waste, by the name
Mike (Porky) Rieves, who is demonstrably devoid of moral conscience and all
generally accepted standards of ethical behavior, just farted and bestowed
upon us the above echo.

Re: Cold Plasma Speakers

I don't think there is such an animal, today. There have been a few plasma
loudspeakers sold. One of them was by Plasmatronics (in the early 80's,
iirc), however, they weren't "cold". It used an inert gas (helium, I
believe) to create 'fingers' of plasma. Each finger was about 3" long and
glowed bright blue. This was only for the upper midrange and highs, and the
need for a large tank of helium was a real pita, plus the low end was a
conventional dynamic speaker.

I was also fortunate enough to have seen and heard one that did not
(apparently) use an ignited plasma. It didn't play too loudly and was never
produced commercially. It also created large amounts of ozone. It had
response down to dc. Its mode of operation was probably similar to those
plasma-based air cleaners. I've considered getting one of these air
cleaners, then apply the appropriate modulation, but I don't think it would
produce the type of sound that would sell (plus the ozone problem is still
there).

Here's a link that may give you some more info.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plasma_arc_loudspeaker

Bob

Site Timeline