Cockcroft-Walton

I recall seeing a variation on a Cockcroft-Walton voltage multiplier that used a pair of 74HC04's driving it two-phase, but surfing doesn't get me back to it.

Anyone remember the link?

Thanks! ...Jim Thompson

Sure, we have a full wave 2 phase WC rectifier system in a vessel of SF6 gas that generates ~3M volts.

Up to 10kV RMS @ 100Khz from a litz wire Pie transformer and by the time it gets to the other end it can get to a few Million volts.

Oh, btw, since there is also a ripple of 100khz at the other end, we use this ripple into a RF transformer where we can generate the heater voltage for the filament. All of this is control via motors at the cold end coupled to rheostats at the other end via delwin rod material.

since the first stage coupling and many of them afterwards are capacitive coupled, the 74HC04 can serve to work the same way using cap decoupling.

Replace the transformer output here with the output of the 74HC04

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

Jim, possibly something like this is what you are looking for:

peter

Reply to
Peter

This one? ;~)