Coaxial Transfer Switch

Hy, I need a little bit of tutorial on coaxial transfer switch and more generally on transfer switch, on google I searched a lot but still haven't found what I'm looking for, I mean theory on schematics and materials. Any of you know where I can found such kind of information ?? It's for my Master thesis. Many thanks

Antonio D'Ottavio

etantonio

yes, "Coaxial Switch Theory" = 0 results Coaxial Switch Theory = 221000 results regarding vendors of switch, theory in general and coaxial everithing, semantic search id something different. Thanks the same John

Reply to
etantonio

--
I can\'t believe you didn\'t find anything on Google.  I just typed in
"Coaxial Switch Theory" and got 221,000 hits.

Try this:

It was the third hit on my Google search using "Coaxial Switch" theory in the search box.

There *have* to be others - just look.

Ed

Reply to
ehsjr

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com kirjoitti:

Well I wouldn't expect to find much useful on that through Google at such a general query level. Also, library search or a search on IEEE Xplore would probably give you much better info. Maybe your thesis supervisor can give you some references to check? For example you could check one of the microwave, filter etc books written by David M. Pozar.

If you know the details of what you're searching for, for example RF microwave PIN-diode SPDT switch, you might be able to find documents over Google, but an overview is probably hard to et.

One hit for "microwave spdt pdf" (without quotes) was

and you can see also the coax connectors there... ;-)) Those are not mechanical switches, though.

You could also check the Philips RF Manuals on

though I'm not sure if they contain anything on transfer switches specifically.

Looking on

for transfer switches gave this one
"RF MEMS: Theory, Design, and Technology" Could be good, if MEMS is what you're looking for. Maybe your library has it.

The "coaxial" bit in "coaxial transfer switch" means just the connector, AFAIK, and basically it could be any other type of transmission line too. So you might be better off searching for the internals of transfer switches (mechanics, electronics) instead of the packaging and connector types. Of course, I don't know what exactly the subject of your thesis is... :-)

- Jan

Reply to
Jan Wagner

Actually...

just noticed the references at the end of:

[2] Street, A.M. ?RF Switch Design?, Proceedings of the IEE Tutorial Colloquium on ?How to Design RF Circuits?, April 5th 2000, pp 4/1-4/7

That could be one further lead.

- Jan

Reply to
Jan Wagner

MaCom

have excellent papers on RF switch theory for PIN devices (I use a couple of their switches in a current design partly *because* they have excellent explanatory papers apart from being good products).

Cheers

PeteS

Reply to
PeteS