circuit design

hi all, i need some help in designing a circuit with MOSFETs and resistors as the only components. the circuit should minimize the supply power and the area of the components. any ideas??? thanks

Reply to
mofattal

Just one: Ask the teacher, "to do what?"

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Just what comes to mind first: Leave the MOSFETs and resistors where they are stored now! It will leave you with "zero" area for a cirquit that does _nothing_ consuming "zero" power.

Q.E.D.

Have fun

Stanislaw Slack user from Ulladulla.

Reply to
Stanislaw Flatto

And what is this circuit supposed to do? The essence of circuit design is getting it to do something (hopefully well, possibly elegantly).

Cheers Chris

Reply to
Chris

I don't think "getting it to do something" is the essence of circuit design. That makes it sound like someone carpetbombing through things until they get something that does something, and works.

Surely the essence of circuit design is defining what you want to do. If you can't do that, then you can't go any further. And if you can't convey what it is you want to do, then you can't expect any help from others, since they sure can't guess what is wanted.

So I wouldn't call "I want to design something that will make me lots of money" as circuit design.

Michael

Reply to
Michael Black

Nit-picker