Cheap Chinese rubbish

Actually, they shipped from the UK, and advertised it as a UK item. Just because the owner of the company lives in China doesn't make a difference. This was a UK to UK sale.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Commander Kinsey wrote: ======================

** So you can find the seller- right ?

The UK has strong consumer laws - why not use them ?

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

place it. Right....

ust because the owner of the company lives in China doesn't make a diffe= rence. This was a UK to UK sale.

Ebay has his registered address, and it's visible to me.

For =A33.25? Not worth my bother taking someone to court over.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Commander Kinsey wrote: ========================

** Have you left negative feedback yet ?

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

You can't leave feedback if it's over a couple of months, which is why t= he feedback system sux. It doesn't take account of things breaking late= r on.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

I look on the feed back as to the seller. If they ship an item out in a few days, the item is as described, and it is packed well enough not to break in transit I give them good feed back. That is even if what I bought is junk.

Say the dealer ships out an item and it is well packed and is bought as new. The item arives in a short period of time and in good shape. I then take the item out and after a day or two it falls apart. The same item would have done it if I bought it at a local store. The dealer still gets a 5 star rating. There is often a place to evaluate the product and that is where I would rated the product as bad.

I have only give one or two dealers a bad feed back. One was when it was not shipped for over 2 weeks after the exected delivery date. I sent the seller a note about it. He sent it out two days later. It was a radio with tubes in it. The box only had a few pages of news paper and some crumbled up Christmas paper in it. Several of the tubes were broken. I had to give very bad feed back because of that packing and long delay.

I bought a used computer that was listed as refurbished. It looked good,but would not boot up. I put in a hard drive I had and it booted up. I tried to reinstall the operating system but it would not take. Sent the seller an email and he sent me a new hard drive as we discussed. I gave him a 5 star rating as he made the purchase right. Things electronic can go bad at any time or get bashed around in the shipping that is beyond the sellers control.

I have bought items from 2 seperate dealers and never received the items. They were in the $ 20 range. Ebay refunded my money in 2 days as neither had included a tracking number.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

That's certainly the case with a bicycle, enough aluminium to make a bike strength frame costs way more than enough steel. but it never rusts. My bike is from 30 years ago.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Maybe the beer can eat the plastic?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

If you look up "tin" in a dictionary one of the meanings is tin plated sheet steel. This is why they are called tin cans. The tin coating is only exposed on the outside, The inside is varnished or laminated.

--
  Jasen.
Reply to