Charging my 12v Battery?

I have a Kirkland (CostCo) deep cycle battery that I have not used in three years. It's waiting for another project to complete. I charge it about once a year. The other night I thought I might charge it, but decided to use my voltmeter first. I was surprised that it measured about 12.6v. That seems like I really don't need to charge it. Comments?

Reply to
W. eWatson

That's a little low. The "float" voltage would be 13.2V (6 x

2.2V/cell), if fully charged. Load it with some substantial current and then measure the voltage. ...Jim Thompson
 Click to see the full signature

12.6 volts would usually indicate a nearly full charged battery. After that long though you should put a load on it and measure. You should charge that battery at least once a month or keep a smart charger on it. If possible keep an eye on the fluid level.
Reply to
Tom Biasi

Thanks.

Reply to