Charging an alarm battery

I have a Xantrex 12v rechargeable 600 Power Pack battery. Yesterday I charged it up and then attached a 12v smaller alarm battery. I forgot to check a few hours later. However, 8 hours later I disconnected the two and found the alarm battery at 11.1 volts, and the Xantrex at 0%. I'm recharging the Xantrex now. Did I somehow harm it?

Reply to
W. eWatson

Not enough info. Any answer would be a guess.

Reply to
Tom Biasi

Well, I just recharged the Xantrex. I'll watch the charge over several days.

Reply to
W. eWatson

=mesnews_0_0521121003 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-15" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

on 21/05/2012, W. eWatson supposed :

Sounds like you connected them in series ie plus to minus and minus to plus, instead of plus to plus and minus to minus!

But you should have seen the spark?:-?

--
John G

------=mesnews_0_0521121003
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
John G

I sure didn't get any help from Xantrex on the this matter. They have discontinued the battery. It had a six month warranty, but I bought it

14 months ago. After two days, it has dfropped to 70% charged. I'll try the recharge tomorrow of the alarm battery with a far cheaper power pack that I've used to kick car batteries into action.
Reply to
W. eWatson