Can NiMH batteries be recharged using a normal AA charger?

Wondering if I need to buy a NiMH charger for NiMH batteries or a normal AA charger will work with the NiMH batteries. Can anyone tell me if this is possible?

Thanks in advance!

Reply to
deepaa

What is a "NORMAL" AA charger??? Absent any useful information...it's prudent to charge batteries with the charger designed to charge them. mike

-- Return address is VALID but some sites block emails with links. Delete this sig when replying. . Wanted, PCMCIA SCSI Card for HP m820 CDRW. FS 500MHz Tek DSOscilloscope TDS540 Make Offer Wanted, 12.1" LCD for Gateway Solo 5300. Samsung LT121SU-121 Wanted 12" LCD for Compaq Armada 7770MT. Bunch of stuff For Sale and Wanted at the link below. MAKE THE OBVIOUS CHANGES TO THE LINK

mike

Reply to
cpemma

Not according to

"Can I use my older NiCD battery charger to charge my NiMH batteries? No, you can use a newer NiMH charger to charge your old NiCD batteries but you should not try to charge NiMH batteries with a NiCD charger. Here's why: NiMH and NiCD batteries are chemically very similar and when both are fully charged the battery voltage will start to drop. The NiMH voltage drop is much more subtle and more difficult to detect. NiMH chargers usually have an overtemperature sensor and shutoff to prevent overcharge as well as a more sensitive voltage drop detector where NiCD chargers usually only use the voltage drop to determine when to stop charging. If you charge NiMH batteries in a NiCD charger it will probably miss the voltage drop and keep right on charging causing the batteries to overheat. Overcharge and overheating NiMH batteries can damage them internally and reduce battery life."

You'll also f> Wondering if I need to buy a NiMH charger for NiMH batteries or a

Reply to
cpemma