can i make radio station of my own

i have to make a project so i decide to make a radiostation if i attach an anteena to my taperecoder can it help how i cantrol frequency range can i connect it to my computer or it is just a funny idea

Reply to
neeraj_indian007

can u help/ Guide me in making my project

Reply to
neeraj_indian007

You could easily find yourself in trouble with your government by building an unlicensed transmitter.

No, attaching an antenna to a tape deck will not work. In fact, it will do nothing other than look bizarre.

Connecting it to your computer (how did you plan to do that, exactly?) will also accomplish nothing useful.

Radio is immensely more complex than you seem to understand at this time. I base that statement solely on the nature of your questions, and without any intent of offending you.

My advice would be to first have a look at this link. Although it is US-centric, it will give you a starting point.

Your next step should be to get in touch with a local amateur ("ham") radio club or similar group in your country. Whatever agency of India's government is responsible for licensing radio stations can probably guide you in that regard.

Happy hunting.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Dr. Anton T. Squeegee

It certainly is. :-/

--

"What is now proved was once only imagin\'d" - William Blake
Reply to

If your idea of building a radio station consists of attaching an ariel to a tape recorder, you don't need help with the "project" - rather a hefty dose of neuroleptics. OTOH, in the unlikely event you're not trolling, you need to join an electronics/amateur radio club in your area and get your introduction to the subject through the kind attention of its members.

--

"What is now proved was once only imagin\'d" - William Blake
Reply to
Paul Burridge

Hi,

Yes! This is not a weird project as it was quite common for people to make a very low-power FM transmitter through which you could transmit to a receiver a few tens of metres away. These days they are called 'wireless microphones' and generally (it will depend on your country) do not require licensing. The simplest types used a single transistor and, if adjusted correctly, produced quite good quality. Stereo is considerably harder to do though so stick to mono and use a tunable (analogue) FM receiver because frequency stability is not very good.

Google is your friend here.

Best of luck and report back - Joe

Reply to
Joe McElvenney

I have an old Eico 324 signal generator connected to my computer. It outputs a small AM signal output to a short length of wire. All legal, etc... Works like a champ. It has a short range, but I can tune in any am radio anywhere within the house and listen to my favorite radio station - or my mp3 playlist on the computer - whatever I want. Range is about 50ft or so with my setup.

I found it necessary to make an impedance matching transformer using a small output transformer from a scrapped 1970's transistor radio. This is connected between the amplifier output and the signal generator input. This is the transformer with 3 leads on one side and two on the other. Experimentation with a few of these found the right combination for best sound quality and impedance match. Do NOT connect the output of the powered computer speakers directly to the signal generator or it will blow the speaker amplifier (I know from experience).

I found better fidelity is on the upper am dial around 1500-1600 Khz or so, tuned to a spot where there is no other local am radio signal. Adjust audio outputs for best clarity without overmodulating.

tuner,tape player, etc to ->

Computer -> external powered computer speakers with earphone output jack -> audio amp -> output impedance matching transformer -> signal generator -> "on the air"

Total cost - about $30-40 $10 or less for amplified speakers from salvation army thrift store $20-30 or so for an old signal generator with an audio in/out connection

have fun, nocone removethis at uslink dot net

Reply to
Gizmofiddler