Cable channels on new TV won't program?!

I have non-digital programming on an old set in one bedroom (Charter cable) and I used a splitter to put it in another bedroom. The old TV still has all the channels it had before but the new TV will only program "antenna" and has 2 thru 13 and 23?! If I force "cable" programming...it gets nothing!

I have no clue except to try a VCR as a tuner and see what happens!

Thanks for any ideas!

Reply to
Bob Villa

Probably have to do a "scan for new channels" in cable mode to scan the used channels into memory.

--
Mr.E
Reply to

The programming was just a bit odd...reset to default and tried again and it worked! 61 analog and 48 digital channels were programmmed.

Reply to
Bob Villa

Is the TV an LG? I had your problem on Cox cable in Southern Cal and it took me a while to sort out TV from digital TV from cable DTV and cable analog. I did eventually win that war but not until reading the manual about channel scans and goofing it up a few times. It took some manual channel editing to get it to behave reasonably well. When did TV get so danged convoluted?

G=B2

Reply to
stratus46

This is a Coby 23" (BestBuy deal) and at 1st it would not allow a "check mark" for "cable"? I reset to "default", checked "cable" and clicked "start". It programmed everything...including access channels from about 5 counties! It seems like a decent TV except for sound quality.

Reply to
Bob Villa