CA 3082 alternatives

Are there any alternatives for the transistor array chip CA 3082 which is now obsolete.

Roger Dewhurst

According to the data sheet, it looks like something like the ULN2003 could be pressed into service - I haven't bothered to check the pinouts, but if all you need is the functionality, that's the one I'd go for.

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

is

Thanks. Pin outs do not matter. I will grab the data sheet.

Roger Dewhurst

But be careful! An ohnosecond after I posted this, I looked at the data sheet again, and the 3081 has the emitters in common, but the 3082 has the collectors in common - the ULN2003 has the emitters in common, so I might have given you a bum steer. Sorry if I've misled you.

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

which

pinouts,

They are only to interface between 4026 chips and 7 element LEDs. I thought that perhaps the ULN2003 is a little over the top for that job. I have found other ones but they are all Darlingtons. I could use single transitors but that mean much more wiring and soldering.

R >
Reply to
Roger Dewhurst

Try digital transistors, also known as biased transistors provided your max. continous current is less than 100mA. They save you mounting the resistors and come in TO92, SOT323 and SC75.

see On Semiconductor MUN5211T1 as example of bias resistor transistors. On

Go to 'Bipolar Transistors > Bias Resistor Transistors' on the main page.

See Fairchild FJN3114R as example of biased transistors. On

go to 'small signal transistor' tab on main page and then select 'digital' tab in the left hand column under the 'Function' section.

They come in NPN and PNP nominal 50V 100mA with different bias resistors. Some Fairchild and OnSemi devices are available from

in small quanteties.

You can also try low threshold small signal FETs but they tend to be more expensive.

Gerhard van den Berg CSIR

Reply to
Gerhard

Try digital transistors, also known as biased transistors provided your max. current is less than 100mA. They save you mounting the resistors. They come in TO92, SOT323 and SC75.

See On Semiconductor MUN5211T1 as example of bais resistor transistors. On

Go to Bipolar Transistors > Bias Resistor Transistors on the main page.

also see Fairchild FJN3114R as exampel of biased transistors. On

go to 'small signal transistor' tab on main page and then select 'digital' tab in the left hand column under the 'Function' section.

They come in NPN and PNP nominal 50V 100mA with different bias resistors Some of the range are available from