Building an isolation transformer

--
John Fields
Reply to
John Fields

Hello

I would like an isolation transformer (1:1) for the UK mains. I can't seem to find any off the shelf designs though. If I bought 2 of the same step down transformers (i.e. 240V to 12V) I could take them apart and build a new transformer, which consisted of the 2 primary coils. Does this sound like a good idea?

Reply to
ed

In a word, No

Where did you look? They are widely available from various UK suppliers. For example, CPC have a range, including this one at

Or use

And Rapid Electronics have several, at

Terry Pinnell
Hobbyist, West Sussex, UK
Reply to
Terry Pinnell

Try

. Ratch

seem

new

Ratch

Do you bottom post on emails, too?

Ratch

step

like

Reply to
Bob

No need to. Just use the 12 V output of one transformer as input for the second, its output will be (almost) 240 V again. IIRC this was covered in an elector paper years ago.

Reply to
Dr Engelbert Buxbaum