battery charging question

Hi to all. The camera that I just baught comes with NiMh batteries and a charger.Can I charge Nicad's in this charger. A quick glance on the internet shows that these type of batteries are almost identical. I am pretty sure there should be no problem using Nicads in the charger , but as I'm in no hurry I thought I'd check. cheers Rob

Reply to
seegoon99

many NiMh chragers are suited to charging NiCd cells, but if yours doesn't say so it might be bad for them.

--

Bye.
   Jasen

I believe that nicads can always be charged with nimh chargers, but not the other way around. nimh cells are a bit more difficult to detect end-of-charge on. So, I'd say go for it. If you are really worried, don't ask here, send email to the manufacturer and ask them.

--
Regards,
  Bob Monsen

"a scientific man ought to have no wishes, no affections, -- a mere
heart of stone"
 -- Charles Darwin
Reply to
Bob Monsen