Audio Amp

Hello friends .Its sahil wants ur help. I am currently using an audio Amp of transistor 2N3055 .It uses two transistors for one channel .Transformer is of 12-0-12 , 5A .I am not satisfied with the amp performance.I want some what powerful amp schematic whose transistors are easily available .I want to drive 12" SUB WOOFER. Hey I hope U are the person Who can HELP me......Reply .........

Reply to
sahil

YOu asked this before, on Sept. 14. There were a fair number of responses.

There is no reason to ask again until you've actually read the previous responses.

Michael

Reply to
Michael Black

you can buy them cheaper than making them.. if your using 12 volt system, you need an inverter to bump up the voltage and a 2 or more channels bridge together driving the lowest impedance speakers you can find. ---\\ happy woofer thumping.

--
Real Programmers Do things like this.
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5

Hmm, do you mean one channel uses 2 x 2n3055, *plus* a few other transistors? The best 2n3055 design I have used is a pseudo-Darlington that uses a small PNP to turn one

2n3055 into a fake power PNP so you can have a push-pull output stage. (The other 2n3055 uses a small NPN in a normal Darlington.) The amp runs class AB. If you are running your devices class A, then that is one area where you are losing a lot of efficiency. On the other hand, as others have noted, you need more volts to get more watts, and running in bridge mode is best of all.

You can measure the output swing you are getting to see if it is taking full advantage of your +/-12 supplies. Note that for subwoofers you may need big supply caps to handle low frequency current demands. If you can swing +/-8 volts from one amp, that's pretty good. You can then bridge two amps to get +/-16, which is

4x the power into a fixed load. Beyond that, you just need more volts.

Best regards,

Bob Masta dqatechATdaqartaDOTcom D A Q A R T A Data AcQuisition And Real-Time Analysis

Home of DaqGen, the FREEWARE signal generator

Reply to
Bob Masta