ATmega16 programmer circuit

I posted about this circuit

some months ago. Back then I thought I cleared all mysteries, but it seems I still have some problems.

I have put together all parts, but using uisp program I can't see the ATmega16 chip, so I guess I must have wired something wrong.

First, I realize that I used wrong capacitors for C3 and C4, instead

100n I took 10n. Could this be the problem? If I measure the voltage after IC2 it seems correct.

Second, I wonder now, do I have to put some GNDs together, like the one near C1 and C2 with the one near C3? And maybe also the one coming out from pin 11 from IC1?

When I asked first time about the circuit, I was confused by the 3 VCC symbols, and then most agreed that they all should be joint, and I did that?

Do somebody see some catch here, what could I be doing wrong? Thanks for any help. Goran

Reply to
eden

You need to connect all grounds together.

Jim

Reply to
JimW52

By all you mean even the one coming after the LED? And maybe even the two from the Parallel port?

Goran

Reply to
eden

Yes, ALL gnds must be joined together, also all vccs should be joined together. If you think about it,. how would say the LED work if its ground connection was disconnected. There would be no current flow and so no light.

Note that VCC_OUT needs to be connected to the points marked VCC. This is obviously an error in the diagram. Also AVCC needs to connect to VCC and AGND needs to connect to GND.

For better programming options have a look at

HTH

Jim

Reply to
JimW52

Thank you very much Jim. I am still quite new and some things are still confusing me. Of course, if I can't make it work I will look for something like ponyprog, but I wanted to try this by my self, like learning curve for both electronics and embedded programming.

Thank you once more, Goran

Reply to
eden