Analog Design books edited by Jim Williams

This post is mostly for Jon Kirwan*, The two books are, "Analog Circuit Design, Art Science and Personalities" and "The Art and Science of Analog Circuit Design". Filled with lots of fun stuff.

*I had the pleasure of sharing diner with him one night in Portland, while I was at the APS March meeting trade show.
Reply to
George Herold

These are wonderful books. Required reading for anybody who really likes circuit design.

John

You can get a taste using google books:

Regards, Bob Monsen

Reply to
Bob Monsen

Double recommendations... so hardbound editions are to arrive soon.

Thanks, Jon

Reply to
Jon Kirwan

Thanks. I remember you mentioning these.

Ah, shucks. I got the better deal between the two of us!

Jon

Reply to
Jon Kirwan

I have "Analog Circuit Design, Art Science and Personalities" and I didn't know there was another. How do they compare?

Reply to
Andrew Holme

Pretty much more of the same, which is good.

John

Yeah I got them out last night to check out the titles and thought I might read them again. (There's still plenty in there that I don't 'get' yet.)

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

age

't

Reply to
George Herold

JW's books get my vote too. Great fun if you don't mind whimsy. My favourite chapters are Carl Battjes' one on oscilloscopes, entitled "Who wakes the bugler?", and the one on the Dana Labs Digiphase synthesizer.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs