AN: Debounce Switches

I have made a compilation of the various Debounce circuits and posted it to Debounce_Switches.pdf on the S.E.D/Schematics Page of my website.

I have also added a version that has a push-button switch for ON and a separate push-button switch for OFF. ...Jim Thompson

Thanks. I haven't looked yet, but that last one sounds like you invented the flip flop.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

With substantial bounce rejection. ...Jim Thompson

Can also be used with an SPDT switch _provided_ that it's break before make. ...Jim Thompson

lunatic fringe electronics

That won't work with most versions of 74HC74 (*), unless you're relying on VDD collapsing.

(*) Most 74HC74 architectures _do_not_ have an R-S flop as the output stage, see page 2...

...Jim Thompson

OK, just use the set and reset too.

lunatic fringe electronics

Ultimate 555 SPDT debouncer now added ;-) ...Jim Thompson

If the switch pole bounces back and forth between the two contacts ?? ...Jim Thompson

One that is simple enough for Sloman to use?

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Just enough to aggravate him >:-} ...Jim Thompson

Really? Is that what you think switches do?

--

Rick
Reply to

Buy a decent switch.

lunatic fringe electronics

Yep... one that doesn't bounce >:-} ...Jim Thompson

Ever see a switch that bounces end-to-end ?

lunatic fringe electronics

Apparently, as the OP opined, there may be make before break, which is a significant problem.

I don't really care... as long as you are annoyed >:-} ...Jim Thompson

Your making a fool of yourself in public doesn't annoy me. But be advised that you have a lot of competition, and several people are better at it than you are.

lunatic fringe electronics

You just don't like it when someone points out your circuit design inadequacies...

What mental incapacity overtook you when you suggested tying Q or Qbar to ground? ...Jim Thompson

I have a lot of ideas. Some are starting points. I don't check every idea, especially ideas that I don't intend to use.

I suggested an idea, you pointed out a problem with HC logic, and I added a fix. It's a discussion group, not a dirt-pawing competition.

lunatic fringe electronics

What's your middle name... Marco ?>:-} ...Jim Thompson