an answer for those fiddly little micro USB connectors

Awhile ago I complained about the USB micro connector that my tablet
uses to charge, since it's a pain in the ass to align (at my age) and
easy to destroy the tablet's jack.

Well it seems there's a solution for it:

Magnetic Type-C Micro USB Fast Charging Cable.

They aren't cheap, $7 each from a US supplier on EBAY, $4 from China,
but may just be the answer I was looking for.  I got one and am
testing it now...

You plug the magnetic adapter into the micro USB port on the tablet,
then the type C connector is sucked on to the tablet.  One con so far
is that it can be pulled loose accidentally; BUT you can plug it in
blindfolded, and it doesn't strain the tablet's female micro port!

My tablet has a full charge so I can't really see how it does, but
with the tablet on it is supplying .6 amps through the connector (1.9
is as high as it ever gets with a low battery)  Cable length looks to
be about six feet.

Fingers crossed.....

Re: an answer for those fiddly little micro USB connectors
Thanks, this is a win for me too.

Re: an answer for those fiddly little micro USB connectors

I'm a believer.  I had to get three more to accommodate my wife and
her stuff.

Only downside is that it may pull loose too easily if you need to
charge while using the tablet.  Not much of a problem the way I use my
tablet.

Site Timeline