Almost OT: Is this a reasonable buffer for audio range?

Might seem like a dumb question, but ... I haven't done anything analog in a long time. Application is recording, driving a 20 or 50kohm line/mic input ( I'll explain that if needed, but think the 1/4" unbalanced inputs on a Mackie type mixer, that sort of thing... )

Also, is it possible to sub in a 10M resistor for the 1M resistor to increase the input impedance? Would it be too noisy? Source will be mainly electric guitars, maybe a peizo.

Thanks in advance.

-- Les Cargill

Reply to
Les Cargill

"Les Cargill"

** Swap the 741 for a TL071.

Then you can use a 10M load and noise will be fine.

... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

I would also recommend this booster:

I built one adding the relevant circuitry to supply it with phantom 48V power, plus some minor moifications, using it with dynamic mics, electric guitar and bass with really good results.

Reply to
asdf

Looks interesting. Thanks!

-- Les Cargill