AC Adapter Needed

I am looking for a AC Adaptor

Model: JT-12V3000 Input: 230-240v AC 50Hz Output: 12VAC 3000mA Max: 36Va

It is for the lights in my garden i have two lots and after switching it all around it appears one of my AC adaptors is broken. I have google searched but have no idea where to get one from the connection from the lights is a small two pin.

Any help/Suggestions greatly appreciated.

Reply to
screechyboy

Have you tried the store where you bought the lights?

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

do you suppose you could use two of this:

tie the two primaries in series, tie the two secondaries in series, and it should give you 220-12.6VAC 3000ma.

i think your lights will tolerate the xtra 0.6 vac.

Reply to
Figaro

A radio shack near you may have one of those with the 220v primary, if not and you get 2 110v models - its primary series / secondary parallel ( just keep the secondary wire on the left to the left as you look at it, else if you get it backwards the voltage will counter each other and be same as a short but at 6 amp.

If you find a 110v to 6v transformer then pri and secondary go in series, each to its own of course. Still best to return it and get a replacement...

Reply to
James Thompson

No Radio Shack in the UK but Maplins may be able to help.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

this (and the input details) is the important bit:

12V AC 3A (3000mA = 3A) ************ ideally you want to match the 12V and meet or exceed the 3A

there's only about 20 variants on "small 2 pin" available. if you can't get an exact match with the connector it's probably possible to splice into the cables and join them...

try a lighting place if they don't have an exact match they'll have 12V transformers intended for halogen lights that should meet your need (unless you need weatherproof)

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
Jasen Betts