9 LED flashlight batteries question

About a decade ago a local pharmacy had a clearance sale of smoke detectors at only UK 99p each - so I bought quite a few. Unfortunately they seemed to lose their sensitivity after a few months (maybe because I was a heavy smoker at the time) - meanwhile the landlord decided to install rechargeable mains smoke alarms to all their properties, so I was left with a quantity of good quality batteries, battery clips, very loud piezo sounders & LEDs that had only cos 99p per set.

Reply to
Ian Field

Maybe he's the weirdo that pees in the mailbox at the end of the street.

Reply to
Ian Field

We have junk stores around here too. I have a package of 9 i think it was of CR2032's for under 2 bucks. And they also have a variety pack of coin cells for that price, too.

The CR2032's work great for my key fob that seems to like eating cells for my Jeep. It has a keyless entry and ignition system.

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

File the solder lugs off a couple of holders and seal the stumps over with epoxy and you have a couple of spare battery keepers you can carry among your loose change.

Reply to
Ian Field

All the three-cell flashlights I see use AAA batteries -- not interested. The Gerber might have used a "Joule Theif" circuit to achieve its longevity, I don't know, but the retail packaging actually stated 100 hours. I think I changed batteries in it twice before someone decided they couldn't afford to leave it alone.

It's difficult to assess how an individual product drives its LED. Usually they press the device in its housing with an interference fit so it isn't so easy to extract and examine.

Regards,

Uncle Steve

--
There should be a special word in the English language to identify
people who create problems and then turn around and offer up their own