Latest threads in Hobby Electronics Basicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

24-30v dc power supply schematic
I need a schematic for a non regulated 24 or 20v dc power supply. I will be running high amps (15?) for a homebuilt induction furnace. . . . in advance to one and all. . .thanks. .. chas.
26
26

4046 LTspice Model
Did anyone ever try out the 74HC4046 vcm model I posted? ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson, CTO | mens | | Analog Innovations, Inc. | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus...
8
8

Custom Flash Speed for Genesis [Fire Alarm] Strobe?
I was gifted a handful of these units, with adjustable 15-90cd strobe brightness, and want to use them in a project, but they are only a 1 Hz strobe rate, and I want 10 Hz or higher. They are 24V and...
2
2

Circuit Pen?
Are Circuit Pen's as useful as they sound? I'd like to create my own circuit boards. Since I'm just learning and only doing one-offs, I'd prefer to keep the total cost down. Are they "good enough" to...
7
7

Observatory Drawbridge Shutter--linear motors
I'm a bit further along with upgrading my observatory with electronics with a control system to rotate the dome, and raise and lower the shutter. I farmed out the PC board work to someone who has put...
7
7

My future in electronics
Hi, My name is Chris. I am 29 years old One day I want to design my own 8-bit c omputer chip, build and develop cathode ray tubes monitors, tv, and to make Atari 2600 Games. When I was in K-12 School,...
6
6

Voltage variations damage?
Have just received by post a 'Fone Storm' car charger for a Huawei Ascend g300 phone. I wanted to check the specs to see if I had been sent the right one for this phone. On the box it says input DC...
5
5

Arduino choices
Want to buy an Arduino. Too many choices that I don't understand. Prices all seem to be nearly the same. Arduino will be used by a small group of high school students to build a "p ick and place"...
23
23

White LEDE strobe circuit link
See this link: for a circuit to strobe white LEDs. As I suspected, and had confirmed here and in the above link, the persistence of the phosphor is so long that 100 Hz is about the best you can do....
14
14

White LEDs for strobing?
I was thinking about making a little battery powered strobe using one of the really bright white LEDs now available. But I don't know how long the phosphor glows after the LED turns off. Anybody here...
13
13

74HC4046 Model Development
I have posted a first-pass attempt at a 74HC4046 model at... This is just the VCO portion for now, and just the variable part; suitable only for LTspice. Please try it out and let me know your...
23
23

traffic lights with white led lights instead of colored diy
let me start with that i know basically nothing, i thought it would be a go od project for my dad and i to do. Anyway, i have been searching online for schematics for a traffic light controller. i...
10
10

increasing current capability of a lamp dimmer
I would like to use a lamp dimmer to control an infrared heater. The heater is 1500 watts, and the biggest (cheap) dimmers I have found are 600 watts. I managed to get a deal on some 40 amp triacs on...
4
4

Detecting best path?
I'm a writer, and although I keep telling myself I'm still an electronics amateur, I haven't actually touched a soldering iron in years. I hope you'll help me anyway. :) Partway into a story, I've hit...
41
41

Call for Paper : IJESET
International Journal of Engineering Sciences and Emerging Technologies (IJ ESET) is a reputable venue for publishing novel ideas, state-of-the-art res earch results and fundamental advances in all...