Latest threads in Hobby Electronics Basicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

HDTV lost
My Polaroid 32" LCD works fine, excepting the HDMI part. I really miss this machine as it had many imput and outputs. Would a replacement 'T-con drive board' most likely remedy my loss of HDTV?
10
10

simple one-shot pulse detector circuit needed
Hi all, I seem to recall from distant memory that it's possible to make a pulse det ector out of two of transistors and a few resistors, but I can't find the c ircuit anywhere. Searches keep throwing...
42
42

Fixing Heathkit Oscilloscope
Picked up the above for $ 10. Fuse was blown. Don't have a 125V 1A fuse b ut used 125V 1/2 amp fuse instead. Front indicator light went on and 30 se conds later the 1/2 amp fuse blew. Will pic up a 1...
17
17

Using 120VAC with LED?s ? Why not use more LED ?s versus large Current Limiting Resistor?
QUICK VERSION Using LED calculators like and for a given supply voltage, why would I not use more LED?s and have a sm aller current limiting resistor? DETAILED VERSION Why ? Mainly? I just want to...
18
18

computing caps in parallel
Is it that one adds up all the caps as fractions? Then the total of all the caps in parallel is the reciprocal of that addition? . . . .As long as I'm at it. . . .in series. . .multiply the cap...
1
1

Polaroid lcd tv ?
I asked this question 2 years ago and not having the talent to what was recommended I just purchased a new 32" lcd tv. It has none of the imputs and outputs that my Polaroid has. I am lost without the...

Reduce sensitivity of 100K ohm volume potentiometer?
I have an audio DSP filter for my amateur radio equipment. It uses an LM380 op-amp in the final AF amp stage, using a 100K ohm pot as the volume contr ol. When using a speaker the volume control is...
6
6

LVX4051 Spice Model
Posted to LTspice List and here... Untested. I just ran a netlist on an old schematic of a LVX4051 re-design I did for Motorola-ON (~2000) to fit the device to using a Chartered process... Let me know...
5
5

What is it? (component)
Size and shape is identical to a 1/4 watt carbon axial lead resistor. Body is glass-like and has a red band on each end. Markings are: 104M - - 50V - - WC - - 8421 Analog ohm meter reads infinity but...
5
5

HVDC Circuit Breaker: Is This _Really_ Difficult?
All this should have been well settled before Tesla was born. It seems a HVAC circuit breaker would be more difficult. Bret Cahill
5
5

Simple parts sources
Doing some lessons and experiments with students on an Arduino Uno. We are breadboarding some simple circuits, attempting to teach some digital logic. Can any of the mail order companies sell me a...
10
10

Cell phone tracking question
I think some transistor-powered nerd might be tracking my movements by way of the emergency cell phone I carry. If I wrap my cell phone in Aluminum foil will this shield the signal from detection?...
6
6

Crazy Need of the Week
I need an adapter that adapts an E11 (mini candelabra) BULB to an E12 (candelabra) socket. All I seem to find are bass-ackwards. Does such a thing exist? ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson, CTO |...
21
21

RC5 IR remote decoder using 12 LEDs
I'm attempting to construct an IR receiver circuit capable of receiving and displaying IR signals in binary format (using LEDs) from hand held IR remote controls. The protocol I'm interested in is the...
21
21

Buck-boost xmfr questions
I need to reduce the voltage to a CNC lathe. The spindle drive is the only part of the machine that needs the lower voltage so I want to put buck xmfrs between the spindle drive and the rotary phase...
13
13