Latest threads in Hobby Electronics Basicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Running at half the voltage
Have a 10Watt, 12Volt Hologen lamp for a christmas decoration. But the mains tranformer I have is only 6 Volts. Apart from being a bit dimmer, would there be any other consequences running at the...
47
47

Passive f to 2f converter
I got a request for a f to 2f converter for our lockin. (Freq = 3 - 3k Hz. ) (Well a crappy pic, but I wanted to show that it has a filter module. (It stinks signal wise too, the photographer didn't...
14
14

CD4017 chip output latching problem
HI all, I've been having problems with a timer circuit I'm building. It uses a chai n of seven CD4017BE decade counters. The first in the chain gets clock puls es from a 555 running at about 10Hz. I...
9
9

LCD tv imput help
My 32" Polaroid LCD (Model 3200) tv has lost most its video imputs. It only works on a cable coaxial imput. No screen problems with this imput, but I don't have cable, only satelite. The HDMI and...
1
1

Anybody want to bid a circuit design?
I'm working on a project for myself. I need a circuit that will output several 5 volt pulses on one output then stop the pulses and output 5 volts on another output constantly as long as a switch is...
49
49

Starting a PC without a Finger
Hello, Any chance someone here has a easy or slick way to start (turn on) a PC with out the use of a human finger?? I am having an issue with power outages and the UPS can't keep the NVR up long...
10
10

The Price of Aluminum
I'm in California. Not that it may matter. Does anyone know the price of Al per square foot for 1/4" or 1/8" thickness.
9
9

Stainless Steel nuts and bolts for Observatory
I finally discovered someone who can put a control system in my observatory. To get prepared for the big day the work begins, January, I need a fairly large number of nuts. The contractor suggests...
17
17

Ping Jim Thompson (was: single one-shot pulse detector needed)
Hey Jim, I posted the circuit you asked for on abse, but got no reply. Did you miss it?
1
1

Heathkit oscilloscope FIXED !!
Heathkit IO-18 Thanks everyone for the help/advice in fixing the above. Problem was the 1 V2 tube. Saw a deal on E-Bay (5 tubes for $12). Took a chance. They all seemed brand new (with boxes) and all...
9
9

Decoupling capacitor choice for 4017 decade counter
Hi all, I've been having some problems with a chain of divide-by-ten counters firin g off prematurely and messing up the division. I'm guessing this is a decou pling issue (after all, what else could...
14
14

Faraday's Law
-- Reply in group, but if emailing add one more zero, and remove the last word.
7
7

Laptop power supply 20V
The new Lenovo laptop I bought comes with an AC to 20V DC external power converter. Why such a high DC voltage? I would expect that most of the circuitry in there operates on 5V or even 3.3V. While...
3
3

Output voltage at Nmos
Hi, I am using Nmos IRFZ44N and STP36NF06L as a switch, opening and closing a c ircuit with 5 volts power suply, a 82R resistor and two Red Leds in paralle l. But, I can't undestand why when I use it...
2
2

HDMI converter
I am in need of a device that will take the HDMI coming out of my Sat receiver and convert it to composite, S-video, or straight video. . . . I don't suppose such a device is available.
2
2