Latest threads in Hobby Electronics Basicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Stepper motor controller help please
I recently acquired a programmable stepper motor controller. It was made by Richmill Manufacturing Company Ltd. around 1982. It is designed to drive a unipolar stepper motor. The guy I got it from...
7
7

Phone in use circuit not working
I tested and built the following circuit. It all worked fine untill I tried to test it by calling into my phone. (the one test I didnt do before I soldered it all together) What happens is taht the...
45
45

Need help with Kill-A-Watt meter
I got the Kill-A-Watt P4400 meter today, and just need a little help with what the display values mean. (This is all AC, and I never quite imprinted on AC.) So what I need to know about any device is...
2
2

Dimming low power light bulbs
I know one can dim filament bulbs with triacs (or similar). I think I know that one used not to be able to dim fluorescent lamps by the same or similar means. But can one dim low power lamps _of some...
10
10

Charge gel cell with car charger?
My 6-volt Deltran Battery Tender Jr. got a severe beating and went in the trash after several failed attempts to charge my motorcycle's battery over the course of a year. It _never_ worked since...
3
3

Off Spec Web Page
One Fortune 500 company had a leaky roof and when it rained the water soaked the 720 volt ballast and other wiring of an 8 ft indoor flourescent tube fixture. It never shorted out. Because of that and...
1
1

How to solder very thin stranded wire?
This is one conductor in a cable from some iPod earphones: What is the best way to deal with the fibre strands and to tin the wire? Thanks, Dave http://www.tinyuploads.com/images/mizPu4.jpg
33
33

Rigol DSA 815
On Wed, 20 Feb 2013 19:11:30 -0500, "Charles" wrote: with It seems right nice for the price point. But for my use case Jan P.'s design is a better deal. ?-)
24
24

Socket or solder?
How would one make electrical connections to this: Is there a socket, or would wires be soldered directly to the pins? -- When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that...
18
18

Using A Circuit Breaker As A Manual Switch
How many times can you flip a 30 Amp CB on and off before it wears out? Say you as gentle as possible with the switch. Bret Cahill
24
24

Simple PCB Building Method
I ran across this video. In it the build puts together a PCB using small pieces of PCB superglued to a larger piece. Not a new method, but beginners may find it useful. Years ago I purchased some...
4
4

Initializing an ENC28J60
Hi, I'm currently trying to convert a "NET-IO" board of the German shop "Pollin" into a Serial-to-LAN-adapter and learn something on the way (so "use the ethersex code" is not an option ;-). I have...
2
2

Temperature compensation in LTSpice?
Is it possible to simulate circuit performance using LTSpice under different temperature conditions? Say you have a single NPN transistor with grounded emitter and a collector load and a resistor from...
5
5

Crystal load?
I'm ordering a 2-pin crystal (8.86723 MHz) and need to specify the load. A little help calculating this, please? Thanks! http://www.tinyuploads.com/images/yr8Paq.jpg
11
11

Any fun parts in a salvaged electronic bathroom scale?
Subject says it all. Thanks, Ivan Vegvary
6
6