Latest threads in Hobby Electronics Basicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

HELP: Issue with Powering a Door bell on a Relay
Hello, So I have put together the following circuit found in the link and everythi ng with the regular part of the circuit namely, lights, switches, lock-out function all work. I have wired up a...
9
9

Help with battery installation
My wife has an electric yarn spinner which operates from 120v outlet and converts to a 12v 1.2 amp(max)DC power. Per the manufacturer, amps are typically running at .5. I want to provide a power...
8
8

Help with Bill Bowden Game Show Who's First Circuit
I really need your help. I embarked on assembling one of the circuits poste d on the page, specifically the Game Show Who?s First Circuit. I purchase d the parts and put it together to what I...
2
2

Soldering 550m of copper wire
I have to solder 550 - 600m of 1mm copper wire. Wire must be completely covered with solder. It will take some time to do this on regular basis ( with soldering iron ) so i was thinking to make some...
46
46

1 mm^2 PV Cell
A 100 microwatt PV panel shouldn't cost too much on a production basis. Bret Cahill
15
15

Video tutorial about phasors application and AC signal power is now available :-)
http://www.cirvirlab.com/simulation/active_power_reactive_power_and_apparent_power_online.php Video tutorial about phasors, AC signals and AC active, reactive and apparent power is given.

diy thermometer sensitivity
I have a need to measure temperature accurately from 78.0 C to 79.0 C (eventually I'll need to turn on a solenoid valve for cooling water at 79 C and turn it off at 78 C). I saw this on the web: and I...
91
91

Air Purifier UV Bulbs
Are air purifier UV bulbs 120 V AC or do they need some kind of power supply? http://www.iallergy.com/product_info.php?products_id=678
2
2

Electric scooter speed contoller
Hi guys, I scored an electric scooter on trash day. (A Schwinn zone 5) Of course the SLA batteries were toast. (2 X 12V @10A-hr.) But I?ve got two old power wheels from when the kids were younger....
9
9

Solar Battery Charger
Hi all, Green Batteries offers a large selection of high quality portable solar pan els, solar battery chargers, solar charge controllers, etc at very competit ive prices. Solar battery charger,...

what is active power
Product of sine wave voltage and current has always the same shape. However , depending of phase (power factor), height of this product is different. A ctually this height is active power, while it's...

How to clean my tuning capacitor?
It's an old (1960s AM radio) air dielectric, planetary drive with ball bearing 6X reduction). It's a very small mechanical cap measuring about 9/8 inch square by 11/16 height with closely spaced...
19
19

9 LED flashlight batteries question
Have a sh** load of the above. Get them free when shopping at Harbor Freig ht. Lately, when batteries fail, I started checking with a voltmeter. Turns ou t that two of the three batteries always...
24
24

viewing posted schematics on this site
I am unable to view schematics posted on this site. I have changed to the recommended mono-font and still no luck. The symbols just don't line up. Using Windows 7 Professional and Google's Chrome...
10
10

two way communication
Hi. As it looks like i will have to make two way communication / control with my mcu based device - over net. Start/stop, reset, measurements etc. I was thinking on using zigbee but maybe there is...
2
2