Latest threads in Hobby Electronics Basicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: Medical Expense
Medical expense for cut on palm of hand, requiring cleaning and three pieces of (very nice) tape to close the wound... Wonder what it'd cost _you_ under Obamacare ?>:-} ...Jim Thompson -- | James...
9
9

Interesting Article on Grade Inflation
Interesting Article on Grade Inflation... ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | San Tan Valley, AZ...
5
5

OT: Announcement
Just found out I will become a great-grandfather in July ;-) ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | |...
7
7

OT: Balancing Act
Balancing Act... 6-armed chandelier, globes evenly (60°, 12in radius) spaced Hung it, leans like a @#$%^ Weighed each of the globes (accurate scales)... 2# 0.8oz 1# 15.6oz 1# 12.4oz 1# 10.0oz 1#...
37
37

Piece Wise Linear Fitting
Another dawning while doodling at the beauty shop... ... a way to join line segments easily to form PWL's, while maintaining all derivatives at the joining points. (Using my TANH version of greater...
4
4

What is this chip from broken electric fence?
This is a small electric fence set up for livestock. I used it to keep foxes away from my ducks in past and now try to keep dogs in. My dog kept going through it and I found it wasn't working. I only...
12
12

No schematic for boiled potatos
2
2

Twisted Pair
Anyone have a decent Spice model for a twisted pair... lossy, not the ideal model in circulation? ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal...
12
12

OT: Keyboard drawer
Anyone ever tried installing a keyboard drawer UNDER a standard desk drawer? (Low usage.) ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and...
4
4

RC Gopher Snake
One thing everyone would like for Christmas is a remote control gopher hole invader, a high torque low speed cylindrical vehicle with traction belts on all sides. It would be tons of fun to photograph...
14
14

JFET Colpitts Oscillator is kind of L-C oscillator but this scheme has one inductor and two capacitors
JFET Colpitts Oscillator is kind of L-C oscillator, but this scheme has one inductor and two capacitors. Now it can be simulated on: read more:

OT: Wire Baskets
I need some _square_sided_ wire baskets, 12"W x 16"L x 10"H Any ideas _where_? Thanks! ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and...
3
3

Need a part
I'm looking for either a high-side driver or bus driver that can be tri-stated and then withstand its output being driven above rail with very little or any back current flow. But I'm drawing a blank...
10
10

JFET Hartley oscillator as a kind of L-C resonant circuit oscillator is practical L-C oscillator with JFET as active amplifier
New tutorial is ready It now can be simulated on: Customer service is our #1 priority. Get a premium domain for your website today. Financing available. Customer service is our #1 priority. Get a...

Slow down Dremel
I've got an old single speed Dremel that scares everybody in the house because it's too noisy. Too cold and dark to work in the garage. Will an inexpensive lamp dimmer work OK, or would a Powerstat...
23
23