Latest threads in Hobby Electronics Basicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Does this device exist?
I'm looking for some type of semiconductor device that has a very high impedence gate that is OFF when high enough voltage is present. So a capacitor could be charged, connected to the device, and...
9
9

Meaning of Vce(sat)?
I'm going to be using ULN2803APG in a design of mine, and I just noticed on the datasheet [1] that Vce(sat) typ is 1.3 at 350ma. Does that mean that the voltage drop across the Vce will typically be...
18
18

over voltage protection
Can any kind person advise me of a simple way to provide over-voltage protection on a 12V DC PSU? The current drawn by the equipment is approx 1A. I've looked at MOVs but they don't seem to protect...
16
16

What is cnc machine and How it Boosts Business Productivity?
The full form of CNC is "computer numerical control" and CNC machines are c omputer controlled milling tools that help you produce industrial component s using least manual labor. A CNC machine is...

Another old Pioneer SX-434 question-speakers
Thanks to all those who replied to my last questions about my old SX-434. I have done everything advised except actually powering it up. I have decided to power it up slowly by using my nice isolated...
3
3

Reason for heating caused due to PH2931-135S microwave amplifier ?
I am working on development of RF driver input for Klystron amplifier. As usual, pulsed output of PH2931-135S microwave amplifier (input to amplif ier provided after successive amplifications) on...

Combined CNC Plasma Cutting Machine for sale
Combined CNC Plasma Cutting Machine for Sale at Ajan CNC. Specification: Ability to cut pipes ranged between 50 and 600mm diameter. Steel constructed body. Precision Plasma 130 / 260 Amper Generator....

Types Of CNC Cutting Machine
check this out "Types Of CNC Cutting Machine" Types CNC Cutting Machines: AJAN Electronic has been producing high tech metal working machinery since 1973. During years the company has produced more...

Flyback converter
Even though some authors presents flyback converter as transformer isolated boost converter, it is more closer to reality that flyback dc-dc converter can be explained as transformer isolated...

Connector Question
Connector Question, What is this type of connector called, and where do you get it... (in a ceiling fan) ...Jim Thompson
19
19

Strange LTspice Problem
Strange LTspice Problem... Received LTspice schematic (.ASC) from customer), all .ASY symbols in the same directory. Open schematic with LTspice, can't see any of the symbols. Clue: Doesn't balk and...
8
8

Best way to use DC current rise as off switch?
My car has the feature on the driver's side electric window that lowers the window automatically if the switch is pressed hard enough. However, none of the other windows has this feature and nor does...
17
17

Size of a resistor for static electricity discharge
I keep zapping myself when I reach for the tone arm on my new turntable. So I need to put a discharge point on the table so I can get discharged before I hit the tone arm. What size resistor should I...
7
7

OT: Todays Discovery
OT: Today's Discovery... >:-} ...Jim Thompson
8
8

Connection from power transistors to printed-circuit board
hi group, i'm planning to build my own power amps and i've narrowed down my choices t o the LM3886 and one of the LMEs (49810 or 49811 or 49830), but i'm very mu ch tempted with the LMEs (main two...
10
10