Latest threads in Hobby Electronics Basicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

VP2450 Spice Model
I'm behaviorally modeling a _system_ that includes the discrete device Supertex VP2450. At the Supertex/Microchip site, it says no Spice model available :-) Does anyone know of a model? Thanks! ...Jim...
14
14

Behavioral Differential Pair
A Behavioral Differential Pair... "B_DIFF_PAIR.pdf" has been added to the Device Models & Subcircuits page of my website... "A behavioral differential pair built around the TANH function; voltage and...

OT: Career prospects in Electronics?
Hey guys, Frequent lurker, infrequent poster here. After almost two decades of doing IT-type work, I'm considering making a jump into something different. Electronics has been a hobby of mine for some...
10
10

Calculation power consumption metal halogen vs led
Hi. I need to make some basic power consumption calculation between 100W halogen and 20W LED (equal to 100W ). Test sample: 10 x 100W metal halogen lamps or 10 x 20W LED ----------------- Situation:...
6
6

Max power dissipation for 2N3055 without heatsink?
According to a reference the 2N3055 is good for 5.8 watts without a heatsin k at 25c ambient temp, and the case temp rise is 30 degrees per watt. So, i f ambient is 44C and power is 2 watts, case temp...
9
9

Error in Open Alias File
Error Message: Error in Open Alias File What the hell!! Took me almost a day to figure out that error message meant I can't assign a reference designator DB^@REFDES in a symbol I created for an...

OT: Best Website Hosting?
I'm fed up with OLM (my website hosting company), they've garnered yet another blacklisting due to spam traffic, snarling up my E-mail forwarding... Final-Recipient: RFC822; Action: failed Status:...
13
13

Filtering generator output?
I have a 4500 watt generator that is for emergency use. When it was new I checked the output with an oscilloscope just to see how pure the sine wave was and how close to 60 Hz it was. Well, the main...
7
7

Charging my 12v Battery?
I have a Kirkland (CostCo) deep cycle battery that I have not used in three years. It's waiting for another project to complete. I charge it about once a year. The other night I thought I might charge...
3
3

Stepping multiple parameters in a simulation
A question presented on the LTspice list by John Woodgate prompted my answer, which may be of interest to other LTspice/PSpice/whatever users: Here's an extreme example of multi-parameter stepping......

LED calculations with non-DC voltage
If you want to put non-DC voltage across an LED & its series resistor (for example, the always non-negative but "bouncy" output of an unsmoothed rectifier bridge), do you use the RMS or peak voltage...
5
5

simple oneshot(2)
Hi all, OK a silly basic question. I'm doing some digital stuff. I wanted a one shot to reset some things, but didn't want to put in an entire chip (74HC123.. or whatever the number is.) So I just...
23
23

simple oneshot
Hi all, OK a silly basic question. I'm doing some digital stuff. I wanted a one shot to reset some things, but didn't want to put in an entire chip (74HC123.. or whatever the number is.) So I just...
15
15

Unexpected PIC32 behavior
I'm trying out the SPI module on a PIC32MX150, and I've encountered something I wasn't expecting. The pin selection / module enabling stuff is done, and I get i/o, but the Slave Select pin only goes...
12
12

LM94022 Multi-Gain Analog Temperature Sensor with Class-AB Output
Subcircuit model for the LM94022 Multi-Gain Analog Temperature Sensor with Class-AB Output has been posted to the Device Models & Subcircuits page of my website. ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson...