Latest threads in Hobby Electronics Basicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Equality
...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | San Tan Valley, AZ 85142 Skype: skypeanalog | | |...
19
19

Sound Card LCR Meter
[SHAMELESS PLUG] Possibly relevant to "On old electrolytic caps" thread, but also for general interest, I've just released Daqarta v7.60 which includes a macro "mini-app" to use your sound card as an...
5
5

?s on identifying a 555 timer chip
Here's one... If I had a circuit that made use of a 555 timer chip, but it was not marked in any way that I could identify as the markings or a 555, how could I confirm that it was indeed a 555 timer...
11
11

Delay In Motion Detection Security Lights
Wouldn't it be better if motion activated security lights had a 10 - 20 second delay? That way the burglar would think an inhabitant had gotten out of bed and turned them on. Bret Cahill
4
4

Ta Da!
Ta Da! Title of Invention: METHODS SYSTEMS AND DEVICES FOR MINIMIZING POWER LOSSES IN LIGHT EMITTING DIODE DRIVERS Filing Date: May 28, 2014 ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog...
4
4

? on old electrolytic caps
I have an LCR meter which shows the ESR for electrolytic caps, but I have no idea how to interpret this number. How do you know if a cap is shorted or boardering on that status? I mean, if it gives me...
19
19

2N7000 Spice Model
Last time I tested several 2N7000 Spice models (2005), there was huge variance between them, and some down-right non-physical behavior. Has anyone found a better 2N7000 model since then? ...Jim...
16
16

Satellite Tv Stream
Satellite Tv Stream to PC stream Software . Satellite tv Software is world No.1 Tv to PC Software with 3677 Channels , Video, Audio and Radio Channels . Collection of Newspapers View Online .

Twiddling Thumbs
Bored silly sitting around twiddling my thumbs... I am seeking consulting projects. See my website for my skill set. ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | |...
12
12

phase shift in RC filters cascade
Supposing I have a network filter of 3 RC filters connected in cascade configuration producing the filter H(w). The single RC filter has a frequency response H_{RC}(w) Is it correct the following?...
2
2

phase shift in RC cascade
Supposing I have a network filter of 3 RC filters connected in cascade configuration producing the filter H(w). The single RC filter has a frequency response H_{RC}(w) Is it correct the following?...

Zero Cross Detection circuit for review
Hello all, I'm back again with an audio zero-cross detection circuit that I have desig ned based on valuable feedback from some of you (notably Jim Thompson and J ohn Fields). I am trying to gate an...
20
20

Telephone question
Anyone have a clever solution to this problem... I have a one-line telephone, but two telephone lines in the house. Is there some way, perhaps with relays to recognize which line is ringing and have...
18
18

Spice Notation Question
I have a customer using _Microcap_ who claims that this notation.... .PRINT AC DB(V([OUT])/V([IN_AMP])) means print the dB DIFFERENCE between V(OUT) and V(IN_AMP). I can't find such notation in the...
3
3

ATX kludge
I will be visiting Fry's electronics or Radio Shack on Tuesday. Need to make a list of parts to use an old ATX power supply for 12V cigarette lighter projects. I'm copying this guy. But am going to...
11
11