Latest threads in Hobby Electronics Basicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: Inexpensive digital microscope
I'm thinking of ordering a cheap digital microscope like the one in the link below. I don't expect to get the image quality of a $1000 optiocal lab microscope but the sample images look quite...
3
3

OT: PNG Format
Is it possible to make multi-page PNG's? That is, I want to post a PNG file that you can see multiple pages, one page at a time. Can that be done? ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | |...
10
10

Directional WiFi
If I was going to borrow a public connection from across the street, would a stainless steel salad bowl be better than a steel wire colander which would be better than an aluminum foil pie plate? I...
20
20

Video DC Restorer
Just did a video DC restorer function (in CMOS) for a UTC camera chip, and realized that it would be trivial to do the same function with bipolar discrete devices. On the S.E.D/Schematics page of my...
20
20

How does impendance affect circuit Q?
I have been reading two different tutorials that talk about impedance ver sus circuit Q in RF circuits. One tutorials says raising the resistance in a resonant circuit decreases circuit Q and visa...
14
14

Best package(s) for basic logic
Hi all, So my audio gate circuit with has advanced, and now has both voltage-driven and current-driven zero-cross detection elements. To bring them all together, I need to use some good old boolean...
11
11

Popular transistor data in spreadsheet format?
Greetings, Does anyone know of a spreadsheet (a comma separated variable format is better) that contains data for popular transistors? A single device fills each row, with columns for part number,...
3
3

Mystery Package
Received a mystery package today, sent from ZIP 44261 (Ohio) Looks like it might be a mechanical timer, but there's no enclosed info other than a tag saying, "DRIVE WITH CURRENT SOURCE". Did _you_...
12
12

Glue on insulators
If you are soldering connections and want to protect the joints , these mini brush caps are a good size. Too expensive to buy them for that purpose, but if you have them anyway. Used RTV on an outdoor...
1
1

BR & BRN Wire Color Abbreviations In Schematics
The lighter brown wire goes to the compressor and the darker brown to the fan. Or that's what I think I remember. They show up as BR and BRN on the schematic. Bret Cahill

Does this chip exsist?
I have an old indexer controller that drives a stepper motor directly. The controller is a programmable unit that is made to interface with a machine tool, for example a CNC mill. The controller is...
13
13

"Fiddled" Data
...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | San Tan Valley, AZ 85142 Skype: skypeanalog | | |...
6
6

What's this symbol?
What is it? :: It *almost* looks like an audio connector symbol except for the arrow-thing. Ideas? Thanks, Dave
5
5

Arrogance
and ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | San Tan Valley, AZ 85142 Skype: skypeanalog | | |...

Iris Motor in a Camera
Any idea where I might find a data sheet for a camera iris motor? In particular I'm trying to find out what kind of signal is output via the feedback winding. ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson |...
7
7