Latest threads in Hobby Electronics Basicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Randomiser circuit from John Fields
I've just received the following email asking about a 9 year old thread. ==================== Hello. Found one old thread - Do You have "the Random ON/OFF Timer Circuit", if yes, can You please send...
2
2

I need help understanding!!
Help, I found a calculation I am having trouble with. I have a poor background in math and would like to understand in plain English how to solve for Vc. Vc = V * (1- e^(-t / R*C)) This where I got...
18
18

Ping: Robert Macy
Did you survive the flooding in New River? Out here in the East Valley all we got was a nice day-long steady rain. ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | |...
1
1

New Behavioral Spice Model Posted
A convenient element to approximate input-referred noise in an OpAmp Spice model. Just insert in series with one input, set en (noise floor) & Fn (1/F corner). See... InputReferredNoise.zip on the...
1
1

multi input multi output analog to digital converter
Is there a way to convert to different signals with one ADC instead of using two separate converters?
9
9

schematic circuit drawing program
I would like some help in finding a circuit drawing program that is easy to use and not too advanced. hopefully one where you can draw the program and then simulate the circuit by punching in...
4
4

Electrical shock from the AC neutral wire?
Is it possible to be shocked by touching the neutral line of a 3 wire 120 VAC system (Line, neutral, ground). Assuming all circuits are working, I can only imagine a large voltage drop on the neutral...
9
9

AD633 Spice Model Now Available
On the Device Models & Subcircuits Page of my website you will find a new post... AD633_JT.zip A Rudimentary Behavioral Model of Analog Devices AD633 Analog Multiplier suitable for most transient...
1
1

OT: Sadly Insane
...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | San Tan Valley, AZ 85142 Skype: skypeanalog | | |...
3
3

MC1350 Spice Model Now Available
MC1350_SpiceModel.zip is now available on the Device Models & Subcircuits Page of my website. ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's...

OT: Hilarity of the day
Just got a jury duty summons in the mail. At the bottom of the summons it says, "FAILURE TO REPORT OR CALL MAY RESULT IN A BODY ATTACHMENT OR CONTEMPT OF COURT CHARGES" Wonder what kind of body...
39
39

Regarding our porous board
Is there anyway we could get a peoples movement started to help fund those boarder states with money to hire guards to protect our country from foreign invaders. I read a little about kickstart,...
6
6

X2 AC capacitor failure
I devised the circuit below for use as a continuous mains presence/absence indicator on my front porch. 0.1uF || LED 3.3k |----||---| |--->|----| ___ | || | | | ------|___|----| |---| |--- | ___ | |...
12
12

Question about current from stun gun
Hi all, I noticed from another conversation that commercial stun guns are current limited to 1ma to 4ma hopefully making them non-lethal. I ran across this homemade stun gun that seems to light a...
4
4

New Subcircuit Posting
A new subcircuit has been posted... Hysteresis_Element_Behavioral.zip to the Device Models & Subcircuits page of my website... Subcircuit "Hysteresis" takes as Input a Voltage > HYST/2 and Outputs +/-...
1
1