Latest threads in Hobby Electronics Basicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: Rotate MP4
I took an MP4 video with my Olympus camera oriented in the portrait orientation, but it plays back on my PC as landscape, so you have to tilt your head :-( Is there a software to rotate such a...
16
16

Split phase motor question
I have an old split phase induction motor that runs quite well. Especially considering the fact that it is at least 60 years old. But it makes a funny sound when running but the sound disappears...
17
17

OT: Stainless Steel Cleaner
With my wife in ill health many of the household chores have become mine. Just tried cleaning all the stainless steel appliances with Weiman Stainless Steel Wipes. TERRIBLE! Leaves streaks which are...
21
21

Op-amp instrumentation amplifier is initial input stage of EKG and EEG instruments
Op-amp instrumentation amplifier is initial input stage of EKG and EEG instruments due to it's high impedance, very high common-mode rejection ratio, and very high voltage gain. Read more: and...

I failed a test on elementary electricity!
Does anyone else here use the site I've used it from time to time over the past several years to get a schematic or service manual. The site allows guest downloading of two documents per day but I...
1
1

Wide Band Antenna
Is there such a things as an antenna that will get me everything from HF to VHF with reasonable strength? I have a BNC telescope antenna that seems to get FM broadcast and higher but very little once...
14
14

LTspice Seminar in Phoenix
I don't know how many lurkers here are in the vicinity of Phoenix, but I will be attending the LTspice Seminar... Tuesday, November 4, 2014 8:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. Phoenix, AZ Doubletree by Hilton Hotel...
15
15

Truck Starter/solenoid/battery help
> I'm having very intermittent lack of starter rotation on a Toyota > T-100. Over the last 14 years I have replaced the contacts in the > solenoid and more recently (1 to 2 years) replaced the...
39
39

Widlar's Early Treatise on Semiconductors
Widlar's Early Treatise on Semiconductors, so large a file to E-mail, I put it up on my website so you can download it... ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | |...
22
22

"Introduction to Semiconductor Devices" by Widlar - Anybody Has This Book?
Hello everyone, Has anybody read the book "Introduction to Semiconductor Devices" by Robert J. Widlar (Bob Widlar)? I am enthused by the comments about this book by Bo Lojek, (author of History of...
16
16

Punching "Nylon" Wall Plates
I have some blank wall outlet cover plates, claiming to be "nylon". Do you think I could punch a hole thru one of these with a chassis punch, or is it likely to shatter? ...Jim Thompson -- | James...
21
21

New Simulation Tool Posted to my Website
LogicStepTable.pdf on the Simulation Tools & Macros Page of my website. Simulate a uP/uC stepping control signals into your Analog circuitry. You just set VH and VL to your liking, fill in the blanks...

Non Ohmic Constant Voltage Drop "Resistor"
Most resisters follow ohm's law. The higher the current the greater the voltage drop. Is there any passive device in electronics where the voltage drop is constant no matter the current? Bret Cahill
39
39

Do you personally use a plastic solderless breadboard?
Do you personally use a plastic solderless breadboard for your prototypes? If not, what do you use for your prototypes? TIA.
87
87

RRIO OpAmp Recommendation?
I need a rail-to-rail I/O OpAmp, 5V Vcc is fine, slow speed setting a current mirror. What would you guys in the discrete world recommend as being well-behaved, no peculiarities, etc? (And readily...
15
15