Latest threads in Hobby Electronics Basicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

PING: John Fields
Hey, John Fields, are you still with us ?:-} ...Jim Thompson
16
16

Variable LFO
Have a request of the gurus in here. I have needs for a relatively cheap OS C (sine) that can be varied from zero to approx. maybe 20 cycles continuous ly. Been busting my brain to implement it. This...
33
33

Rare Earth Motors Not Necessary for EVs
Just use the cheap low power low power density 10 kW motors that have been around for decades. If you want to scoot through intersections and accelerate to freeway speeds in seconds use compressed air...
8
8

Radiant energy
"While replicating Hertz's experiments, Tesla experimented with violently abrupt DC electrical discharges and discovered a new force in the process. Only after conducting exhaustive experimental...
6
6

Automotive relay question
I have a 12V SPST cube relay in my junque box. The diagram molded into the which looks suspiciously like a resistor. (using a current-limited power supply) and the same current draw is measured. What...
15
15

Power factor correction circuits
Power factor correction circuits are essential part of modern household power supplies. These circuit have a feature of behaving almost as a pure resistive load to the power network, and obtaining DC...

OT: Schadenfreude
...Jim Thompson
9
9

OT: For the Snarky POS Democrats
Republicans gave CDC _more_ than Obama requested... ...Jim Thompson
1
1

OT: Funding for Ebola
Seems the Democrats, Hillary in particular, are claiming that CDC lacks funding to treat Ebola because the GOP withheld funds. Hmmmm? Seems the Dems used those funds for something more important......
63
63

OT: Romney Cracks Joke
...Jim Thompson
6
6

Cleaning tape goo from component leads
Hi folks, I have a lot of components that are still attached to the cardboard reel tape (or whatever that's called) with masking tape. Many of these have been in my collections for years and I never...
8
8

Inductive Coupling Coefficient
I need a SWAG on this, just to see if it's feasible... Two inductors (solenoids) with Ferrite cores, each ~5mm in diameter and separated by ~5mm spacing. What coupling coefficient might I expect?...
38
38

Behavioral Models for Microchip MCP656x Comparators
See MicrochipComparators.zip on the Device Models & Subcircuits Page of my website. The file now includes behavioral models for the MC6561 and MCP6566 comparators. As usual... these are SWAG's. Please...

OT: Non-hp Toner Cartridges
Anyone had good experience with non-hp toner cartridge replacements? Seems hp is playing price escalation... a cartridge that was ~$75 a few years ago is now $110 :-( ...Jim Thompson
12
12

In theory could coax be used to make a fiber optic type gyro?
I realize that it would be many orders of magnitude less sensitive. This is a hypothetical physics question only.
8
8