Latest threads in Hobby Electronics Basicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Resonance & Pieces of Eight
If silver or gold coins had characteristic resonant frequencies then it ought to be possible to scan large areas of sea floor for the loot. Maybe you find something maybe not but at least you have a...
6
6

Handling HSpice Files
HSpice2PSpiceNewEdit.pdf, on the Simulation Tools & Macros Page of my website, has been updated with some new library format information. While the title says PSpice, the techniques apply to all...

Current mirror
Current mirror is inevitable part of input stage of operational amplifiers. Current mirror behaves almost as perfect current source in small current signals application and it has excellent...

A logic Question
I have a thread running about the 3 speed fan. I made measurements of a known good 3 speed fan. I have 3 sets of resistance measurements, with the fan switch in H, M, and L. Here is a diagram showing...
14
14

3 Speed Fan motor problem
My wife loves to pick up items other people throw out, because she thinks I can repair them. When she saw me starting to open the fan case she got close and rubbed on me told me how wonderful it was...
9
9

A Rigorous Version of Shark Tank
The text book could have a name like "All that Glitters. . ." and cover in detail several hundred seemingly at first glance promising patents that never caught on. The divisions or chapters would...
1
1

Cartoon
...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | San Tan Valley, AZ 85142 Skype: skypeanalog | | |...
2
2

OT android app?
My wife and I live in separate houses with miles between them, we both have Internet, dsl, tablets and wifi. Is there a good app for voice messaging from one tablet to the other? There seem to be tons...
2
2

Merde with SMPS
Hi all, So I decided to leap with both feet into the deep cold pool of switched-mode power supplies, surface-mount no less, and now have something that doesn't work as advertised. I could use some...
21
21

OT: Best Free Email (POP Only)
Cox is driving me nuts with their nanny-state behavior... Their Spam trap only allows options on where to send the spam after it's marked... no way to opt out of any marking... so just about...
61
61

LTspice Symbols
Having attended an LTspice seminar yesterday in Arizona, and lunching with Mike Engelhardt (*), I learned a number of tricks... Main trick I learned is that it is trivial to make auto-generated...
1
1

BLDC motor questions
DC motor questionsAll, I am making, or at least attempting to make, an electric high speed spindle that fits in a confined space. I do not want to use air as the motive force. So I have been...
12
12

Electrical help please
A friend of mine here on Whidbey Island has a welding business. It's pretty new, only a few years now. Anyway, he called me yesterday with an electrical problem. Puget Sound Energy (PSE) has had...
10
10

OT: Moving Website to New Server
My website is being moved to a new server... same provider, a more up-to-date server. So far, looks good, now updating DNS. Please report any issues. Thanks. ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson |...
2
2

"New" Metal Detectors Designed for Gold
Some of these new machines cost $4,000. They claim they are specifically tuned for gold nuggets. Is there any real advantage over older technology or is this a scam? Bret Cahill
8
8