Latest threads in Hobby Electronics Basicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

FM radio question
I use an armband FM radio when jogging. It has a switch "local", obviously for nearby stations. What does this do, at the circuit level, and why? How would you measure its quality or performance?
2
2

OT: High Chair Finish
We have a nice wooden high chair that's starting on the third round... great grandchildren. The finish is getting a bit thread-bare. The wife want to PAINT it to match her new "shades of gray" kitchen...
9
9

solar/battery powered wifi camera setup advice
so i want to setup a remote wifi camera, battery powered with solar charging. Proj Plan: choose smallest setup battery/solar panel / camera that will achieve my goal Goal: Daytime only monitoring ,...
5
5

astable multivibrator semiconductors
For an astable multivibrator, would 2n7000 mosfets be more efficient than 2n3904 bjts?
21
21

Differential Amplifier is an input stage of every op-amp
Generally, if input stage of an operational amplifier is realized as BJT tr ansistor differential amplifier, op-amp has smaller slew rate, smaller volt age offset and better CMRR. If it's realized as...

OT: Today's HoneyDo Project
Today's HoneyDo Project Too many glasses, had to add... Mounted 18" down from ceiling (9' ceiling) so I can reach ;-) 48" wide by 22" deep Mean to work inside that narrow a space. ...Jim Thompson -- |...
2
2

batteries
I would like to know if all batteries that can be recharged get recharged at the same speed I am looking for a rechargeable battery that can get charge extreme fast thank you for any answers Kurt...
3
3

Popups and ads
I get popups and adverts every few seconds. It is maddening. I have gone to the Chrome web extension page and found umpteeen ad and popup blocks. Ever time I try and load one I get the message: An...
2
2

OT: MOSIS
Anyone run a MPW on MOSIS recently? Quoting a buddy also in this biz... "MOSIS doesn't put it prices on their page anymore. You have to use the automated quote system. I mean, come on, who wouldn't...
2
2

What are they teaching these days?
The side-track about performing analog with digital electronics on Eric's strain-gauge thread made me wonder. Are they teaching any analog in schools these days? Because there's a huge market out...
3
3

Why I was looking for info about strain gauges and the like
I have been designing a new type of tapping head aimed at small shops with older equipment. It is designed to keep taps from breaking, it detects missing, short or undersize holes, and it does...
12
12

Anybody here know about strain gauges and the like?
If you do maybe you can give me some guidance. I would like to be able to measure the torque required to drive taps so that I know when the tap is getting dull. The torque range is from .5 to 106 inch...
9
9

Figuring out how to configure CD4060B clock
I have been using and tinkering with a 4060 IC as part of learning various electronics. And I have one and it feels like I am missing some understandi ng on how things really work. Using this IC:...
4
4

No Business Plan for Utilities

OT: Modern day equivalent to sendmail?
Is there a modern day equivalent to sendmail? My Eudora E-mail client can run an executable upon command of an incoming filter match. I simply want to send an E-mail saying "E-mail received from..."...
19
19