Latest threads in Hobby Electronics Basicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

The saddest inductor ever?
Cheers, Michael
18
18

"Backpan" or "backplane"?
A tech writer is asking me "backplane" or "backpan"? The use is in describing PLCs and the PCB the function cards plug into. His technical source--an engineer of the PLC manufacturer--insists the term...
3
3

Will this timer work?
Greetings All, I have a wire feed welder that I would like to add a stich timer to. The way it works is when the trigger on the welding gun pressed the welder turns on for a short time, then turns off...
21
21

Voltage-Controlled Capacitor Spice Model now on my website
Voltage-Controlled Capacitor Spice Model now on my website. See VControlledCap.zip on the Device Models & Subcircuits Page. Includes Library File (.LIB), LTspice Symbol (.ASY), and a JPEG showing how...
6
6

inductance of a small C-frame motor?
Hello, What is the approximate inductance of a small 110V C-frame motor, in its native laminated core environment? I've got a few C-frame motors in my pile of junk, and am wondering if I can just use...
2
2

OT: Hardwood vs Softwood
I'm guessing studs in the walls of a house are likely to be "softwood"? ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems |...
24
24

Op-amp Summing Amplifier
Good feature of op-amp summing amplifier is that there is direct current pa th provided from every input to the output. For that reasons input voltage sources don't need to have current sink...

Oscillator Proposal
Oscillator Proposal... Suppose I have a series RLC, one end grounded, the other end driven by a chip, how might I make that into an oscillator? All wild ideas accepted... this is for a custom chip....
16
16

OT: $15/hour minimum wage coming to Seattle
$15/hour minimum wage coming to Seattle. Only problem, $15/hour * zero hours... ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete...
72
72

Tuneable analogical linear phase crossover
Hi, though this could interest english talking people... regards Vincent
4
4

Is it possible to determine whether a phone call is local or long distance by analyzing the audio?
I am sure the answer is "it depends", so the better question is: To what extent is this possible? The calls in question were made in the 70s, so we are in luck there. One of them can be heard here:...
45
45

EMC Testing and monitor
Hi, Please do not hate me or make remarks about my lack of knowledge about EMC. I am doing some research to learn some basics about EMC testing. I found the following report on EMC testing of a PC...
7
7

OT: Table Saw
OT: Table Saw... Best fold-up table saw for a reasonable price? Want to make good clean cuts on particle board, plywood and Melamine shelving. ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog...
15
15

OT: Structural Question
OT: Structural Question... Hanging a 49" flat-screen TV outside on the patio, Problem: There is 1-1/2" of stucco and insulating foam before I get to a stud to screw lag bolts into. Suggestions on how...
24
24

OT: Unemployment Rate
...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | San Tan Valley, AZ 85142 Skype: skypeanalog | | |...
12
12