Latest threads in Hobby Electronics Basicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: Today
Today is Yom HaShoah (Holocaust Remembrance Day) "We will remember those who were murdered, we will guarantee life. Sadly that is a lesson President Obama and his anti-Israel regime will never...
33
33

Voltage Compliant Parts Updated
CompliantParts.zip, on the Device Models & Subcircuits Page of my website, has been updated to include subcircuit representations... making it easier to import into LTspice... Spice devices IDC, F and...
2
2

Transistor-Transistor TTL Logic and Totem pole output
By combining basic TTL Logic NAND gate with invertors and other gate any logical function can be realized in TTL technology. TTL family of logic circuits is specially empowered with TTL Totem pole...

VP95 PMOS?
Anyone have information on a VP95 PMOS FET? I can't even find a datasheet let alone a Spice model. ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal...

n-channel enhanecement MOSFET - working: why is it an n-type inversion layer?
In this MOSFET, when we apply a +ve voltage to the Gate, we repel holes as the majority charge carrier in the p-type substrate downwards, thus uncovering fixed acceptor ions/atoms which are now...
4
4

Periodic Table of Units for Electromagnetism
The Periodic Table is here in a .pdf file: Memorize this table.
1
1

OT: Paint Question
What should I prime a metal bracket with before applying acrylic house paint? ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete...
13
13

Thermometer Code Chip
I'm looking for a chip that outputs a Thermometer Code. I vaguely remember such a device. Is there one still made? ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | |...
26
26

Pretend temperature rise
Want to see how temperature affects certain electronics components. I know I can use freeze spray to drive temperature down. What do I do to raise tem perature? Tried soldering iron with a piece of...
11
11

OT: On the funnier side
...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | San Tan Valley, AZ 85142 Skype: skypeanalog | | |...
9
9

OT: Food for thought
Adlai Stevenson famously offered this definition: "A free society is a society where it is safe to be unpopular." We do not live in that society. ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | |...

The world is running out of electrons - Serious implications to come!
From: The World of Science Article 4115 Posted: April 1, 2015 The world is running out of electrons. Electric costs soar, while electrical power capacity continues to decline. It now takes nearly...
13
13

Bipolar transistor simplest models
Even though mechanisms that makes bipolar transistor run are quite complica ted and there are many side effect to be covered, simple analysis is possi ble with two simple models: one for active...

oscilloscope hookup? ?
Trying to find hookup instructions for using an older oscilloscope (heathkit) to do auto ignition analysis. (1948 Pontiac, 8cyl). Searched the web to no avail. All advice appreciated. Ivan Vegvary
11
11

Looking for mailorder company to order small amount of parts
Back when I was young, I lived in a big city where there were stores that sold electronic parts. Whether I needed a 50 cent capacitor or a $2 box of resistirs, I just went and bought them. With the...
10
10